GLOBANT'S ALUMNI COMMUNITY RULES
Effective Date: August 13, 2018
Welcome to Globant's Alumni Community! We are very excited to have you onboard!
Globant's Alumni Community (the “Community”) is a selected, invite only community, formed by former Globers who, as considered by Globant in its sole discretion, meet certain excellence criteria and whose merits have stood out while being an employee of the company. Congratulations for becoming a member!
We hope you enjoy being a part of our Community and look forward to hearing from you often!
1. Acceptance of these Rules. If you have already been accepted as member of the Community (from here on, an “Alumni”), then you have already accepted these Rules at the moment that you submitted your application. If you are acting surprised and didn't notice that you had already granted your acceptance, here is how it happened: a pop-up window emerged before you were able to submit the relevant form, stating that you were required to read, accept and agree to these Rules mandatorily for you to join and/or request your admission to the Community, you then clicked “I accept and agree to the Community Rules” and voilá!.
But don´t worry, if you wish to revoke your acceptance you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, nevertheless, please be advised that your acceptance and continuing compliance with these Rules is mandatory for you to remain a member of the Community. If you revoke your acceptance and/or if you fail to comply with these Rules at any time, we will need to exclude you as Alumni and you will no longer be a part of our Community.
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to these Rules. The changes to these Rules will not be retroactive, and the most current version of the Rules, which will always be published in the Alumni Community´s website (alumni.globant.com) (the “Website”), will govern your participation in the Community. We will try to notify you of material revisions. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued status as Alumni after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue being an Alumni under the new version of the Rules, you may request your exclusion from the Community by contacting us to email@example.com.
2. Admission to the Community. As you have read, the Community is invite only. Therefore, Globant reserves the right to invite (and not to invite) any former Glober at its sole discretion. You may also request to be admitted as member of the Community but Globant will always reserve the admission right thereon. If you would like to request your admission to the Community, you can do so by completing the application form available at our Website. We will contact you soon thereafter in case your application has been accepted. On the other hand, if you are invited to join by Globant directly, you will also be required to fill-in the application form so we can collect your information for purposes of registration.
Globant will admit new members who are considered to have excelled in the performance of their duties as employees of the company and who have demonstrated to share Globant´s values: Aim for excellence, Act ethically, Constantly innovate, Be a team player, Think big and Have fun.
3. Benefits and exclusive promotions. If you are admitted as member of the Community you will be entitled to participate and have access to special benefits, events and promotions granted by Globant to some or all members of the Community. We will publish the entire catalogue of benefits in the Website and we will make reasonable efforts to secure that the catalogue remains updated at all times. Notwithstanding, Globant shall have no responsibility in the event a benefit continues to be published in the Website after being discontinued and makes no representation that the catalogue will be updated at all times. Globant reserves the right to incorporate new benefits or events as well as discontinue any benefit or event at its sole discretion and at any time, without the need to formally communicate to you the incorporation or exclusion of any event or benefit. Some of the benefits may require special conditions or requirements before you can be entitled to make use of them, like, for example, the execution of any preliminary document such as a Non-Disclosure Agreement, release of claims, etc. These will depend and will be associated to the nature of each benefit or event.
4. Conduct. As member of the Community, we expect you to conduct yourself fairly and respectfully with respect to Globant, its officers and employees, any other Alumni, as well as generally, when you are presenting yourself as Alumni. Remember you have been admitted to the Community based on your skills but also because you had proved to represent Globant´s values generally when you were still an employee of the company, accordingly, we expect you to continue representing such values as a member of Globant´s Alumni Community.
In particular, the following attitudes will not be permitted and could cause your immediate expulsion from the Community:
Any defamatory statement against Globant, the Community, any Alumni or any employee, director or officer of Globant, performed at any time and through any means, is against these Rules and may cause your immediate expulsion from the Community.
In your condition as Alumni you may have access to privileged information regarding Globant that is not available to the public at large, we expect you to comply with the confidentiality commitments set forth in these Rules and any violation to the same may cause your immediate expulsion from the Community.
Any dishonest, illegal or immoral activity attributable to you may cause your expulsion from the Community as long as we expect all Alumnis to conduct themselves according to the highest ethical and professional standards.
You will be contacted by us to the email address informed by you in the event we believe there are grounds to expel you from the Community and/or in the event we decide to immediately expel you from it. Please note that, while we will endeavor to satisfy your concerns regarding any possible expulsion from the Community, Globant will not be obligated to explain its decision, answer questions or provide any type of information concerning your expulsion from the Community. We may decide to exclude an Alumni at any time, for any particular reason.
5. Intellectual property. Being admitted to the Community does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights to the content you may access. These Rules do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Website, the Community and/or any other branding or logo owned by Globant. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with any of our products or services.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, any content accessed by you as member of the Community is owned and belongs to Globant. You may download pages or other content for your own personal use, but no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written agreement of, and with express attribution to, Globant or who Globant otherwise indicates.
The copyright to the Website is also owned by Globant. Don´t misuse our Website. For example, don't (i) deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by us to do so; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (iv) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming or mail-bombing the Services.
6. Confidentiality. Being a member of the Community and participating in any Community exclusive events you may be exposed and/or have access to Globant´s confidential information. We expect you to safeguard the confidentiality of this information and not to disclose it to anyone outside the Community. We may request you to sign a particular Non-Disclosure Agreement to attend certain events which we may consider more sensible in respect to the information that could be made available and in those cases, your acceptance to such terms will be mandatory for your attendance.
For clarity, “confidential information” generally means any and all information concerning the business or property of Globand and/or the Community, which usually includes (but is not limited to) (a) information relating to Globant´s technology, products, and services, including, without limitation, technical data, patent, copyright, trade secret, proprietary information, know-how, ideas or concepts, software, inventions, techniques, sketches, designs, drawings, models, processes, developments, apparatus, equipment, algorithms, formulas, software programs, software source documents; and (b) information relating to Globant´s operations, business, financial plans and strategies, including, but not limited to, customers information, markets, financial statements, projections, pricing, marketing, and other strategic business plans or information.
Your confidentiality obligations under this clause will not be applicable to any portion of confidential information that: (a) was in the public domain at or subsequent to the time such portion was communicated to you, (b) was rightfully in your possession free of any obligation of confidence at or subsequent to the time such portion was communicated to you or (c) a disclosure by you either in response to a valid order by a court or other governmental body or otherwise required by law.
7. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL GLOBANT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR CONDITION OR LACK OF CONDITION AS MEMBER OF GLOBANT´S ALUMNI COMMUNITY, OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF SUCH DAMAGES, GLOBANT´S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF GLOBANT, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO USD 100 (ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS) OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
IN ALL CASES, GLOBANT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
If admitted to the Alumni Community, you will need an account to access the Website and review the online contents of the Alumni Community. You are responsible for safeguarding your account, so use a strong password and limit its use to this account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
9. Reliance on information. Globant may share information with you while you continue to be a member of the Community, this information can be shared through our website, verbally or in written in any of our events, in our newsletters or material shared with you, or through any other means and it can be a creation of Globant or any third party. All such information is shared “as is” and Globant makes no warranty that this information will be error free or accurate. Your use or reliance in such information is at your own risk and you must determine whether it is accurate or reasonable in any respect. You bear sole responsibility on your use of and/or reliance on, any information that shared, communicated or distributed by Globant to you in your capacity as member of the Community.
10. Photo and Video Release. With respect to any photo taken or video filmed by Globant during any of the events in which you participate and/or are invited in your condition as Alumni, you acknowledge that these materials may be published by Globant in the Website or through any other channel. Further, you hereby authorize Globant to use, publish and reproduce your image, participation and/or comments, to the extent you appear and/or are recorded in any such photos or videos of the events.
11. Severability. If any provision of these Rules shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Rules shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent any express or implied restrictions are not permitted by applicable laws, these express or implied restrictions shall remain in force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by such applicable laws.
Effective Date:10 August 2018
Globant values individual privacy and we want to give you, as member of the Globant Alumni Community (the “Alumni Community”), the opportunity to know what information we collect about you and how it is treated by us.
Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to such terms in the Alumni Community´s Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”), which are accessible at alumni.globant.com. We recommend you to read this Policy together with our T&Cs in order to better understand the operation of the Alumni Community and the rules governing your participation as member.
If you have any question regarding this Policy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When navigating our Website Globant will collect and store the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to access the Website.
In order to be admitted as member you will be required to submit a form including information about yourself. Such information will be collected when you volunteer to identify yourself by submitting the form incorporating the requested information
If admitted to the Alumni Community, you will need an account to access the Website and review the online contents of the Alumni Community. In that case you will create your own account and information will be collected when you register to the Website and provide the requested information to have your account activated, including any domicile information for shipping of materials.
Through your participation in the Alumni Community and/or your navigation in the Website you may provide information about you to Globant, including, for example, any content that you create, share, post or direct Globant to post through the Website, or that are provided on your behalf, including information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
When you share or direct Globant to share content in the Website you should think carefully about what you are making public. Our default is to make such content public for as long as you do not request us to delete it.
Globant uses the information collected from members to: (i) identify members; (ii) allow the public to find members through the Websites and contact such members using the channels authorized by each member; (iii) send members notifications regarding important news involving the Alumni Community, like updates, invitations to events or dissemination of relevant information and newsletters.
Globant reserves the right to disclose information where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order) as well as to protect Globant’s rights or property, including without limitation in the event of a transfer of control of Globant or substantially all of its assets, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
All of the information collected by Globant through the Website or the Alumni Community is stored on secured servers, to protect against unauthorized use and access. Our servers are located in the United States of America and Northern Ireland.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.